- With 643, Pele holds the record for most official goals scored for one club.
- Leo is at 618 now, 26 goals away from setting a new record.
- Qualitymixtape.com will follow Messi’s goal-scoring feats this season.
- Join us on this epic journey and leave at least 644 comments to show how much we really want the GOAT to break Pele’s record while at Barca!
Frankly, it looks like almost every footballing record will belong to Leo Messi by the time he retires. And when you put it like that, you understand how lucky we all are to witness him play week in and week out.
Although the Argentine has said several times in the past that he doesn’t care about personal achievements, the amount of goals he has scored over the past 15 seasons with Blaugrana is staggering.
Currently, the 32-year-old has 618 goals scored for Blaugrana, which is actually the second-best record of all time. Only Pele with 643 goals for Santos has more, meaning Leo has to score 26 more goals to beat the Brazilian legend to yet another impressive achievement. Considering his previous seasons, the forward could well reach the milestone already this season.
Messi’s record over the last three seasons:
- 2018-19: 51 goals in 50 games
- 2017-18: 45 goals in 54 games
- 2016-17: 54 goals in 52 games
You should keep in mind that this includes only goals in official games. A big chunk of Pele’s career goals came in friendlies.
Messi has added a goal to his tally on Saturday and the next opportunity to come closer to Pele’s landmark record will take place in 2020